To measure for faux wood blinds, start by measuring the width of the window at the top, middle, and bottom. Then, measure the height of the window at the left, middle, and right. Use the smallest width measurement and the shortest height measurement to get your final measurements.
- Decide which window you would like to cover with faux wood blinds
- Measure the width of the window at the top, middle, and bottom in three separate places
- Use the longest measurement for ordering your blind
- Measure the height of the window from inside the frame at both the left and right sides in two places
- Again, use the longest measurement for ordering your blind
- Select either a mounting inside or outside the window frame when measuring for your faux wood blinds
- If you plan on mounting your blinds outside the frame, add 3 inches to both the width and height measurements to account for overlap
How to Measure for Wood & Faux Wood Blinds | EASY STEPS
How Do You Measure Faux Wood Blinds at Lowes?
If you’re looking for an affordable window covering that has the look of wood without the price tag, faux wood blinds are a great option. Lowes carries a wide selection of faux wood blinds in a variety of colors and styles to suit any decor. Measuring your windows for faux wood blinds is a simple process that only takes a few minutes.
To measure your windows for faux wood blinds, you will need a tape measure and a pencil. Start by measuring the width of your window at the top, middle and bottom. Use the narrowest measurement to determine the width of your blind.
Next, measure the height of your window at the left, middle and right side. Use the shortest measurement to determine the height of your blind. Once you have your measurements, it’s time to shop!
Lowes offers free in-store consultations with one of our expert designers who can help you select the perfect faux wood blinds for your home.
How Do You Measure for 2 Faux Blinds?
When measuring for faux blinds, you will need to take three measurements: the width of the window, the height of the window, and the depth of the window.
To measure the width of the window, use a tape measure to find the distance between the two outermost points of the window. To measure the height of the window, use a tape measure to find the distance between the top and bottom edges of the window.
To measure the depth of the window, use a tape measure to findthe distance betweenthe front and back surfacesof the window. Once you have these three measurements, you can then determine what size faux blinds will best fit your windows.
What is the Proper Way to Measure for Blinds?
When measuring for blinds, you will need a few tools. First, you will need a tape measure. Second, you will need a level.
Third, you will need a pencil or pen. Fourth, you may want to use a ladder if the window is high off the ground. Finally, it is helpful to have someone else assist you with the measuring process.
To accurately measure for blinds: 1) Start by measuring the width of the window at three different points: at the top, in the middle, and at the bottom. Use your tape measure to get an accurate measurement and then record the smallest of those three width measurements onto your paper; this will be your “width” measurement for ordering purposes.
2) Measure from the top inside edge of the window frame to where you want your blinds to hang using your tape measure; make sure that you allow enough space so that when they are lowered, they won’t block out any part of your view! Record this number as your “height” measurement on paper. 3) If outside mounting is an option (attaching brackets outside of window frame rather than inside), take measurements both ways and decide which works best for your needs/window size – remember that outside mounted blinds can protrude into walkways so be mindful of safety!
Whichever way you decide to mount them (inside or outside), make sure that there are no obstacles in the way of where you plan on attaching brackets (i.e., no handlebars on double-hung windows). Now that you have all of your measurements ready, it’s time to order your custom blinds!
How Wide is Too Wide for Faux Wood Blinds?
There is no definitive answer to this question as it depends on personal preference and the specific style of the room. However, as a general guide, faux wood blinds should be no wider than 2 inches for a traditional look, or 3-4 inches for a more modern aesthetic. Anything wider than this may start to look disproportionate and out of place.
How to Measure for Faux Wood Blinds Inside Mount
When measuring for faux wood blinds, it is important to take several factors into account in order to get an accurate measurement. Here are the steps to follow when measuring for an inside mount:
1. Start by measuring the width of the window at the top, middle, and bottom.
Use the narrowest width measurement when ordering your blinds. 2. Measure the height of the window at three points: in the middle, at each side, and at the top and bottom. Again, use the shortest measurement when ordering your faux wood blinds.
3. Add 3 inches to both the width and height measurements to allow for clearance inside the window frame. This will ensure that your blinds will not rub against the frame or impede opening and closing of the window. 4. Once you have your final measurements, round up to the nearest half-inch to ensure a proper fit.
5. That’s it! You’re now ready to order your perfect fitting faux wood blinds from Select Blinds Canada!
How to Measure for Faux Wood Blinds Outside Mount
If you’re looking for a window treatment that’s both stylish and functional, look no further than faux wood blinds! Not only do they add a touch of elegance to any room, but they’re also great at blocking out light and providing privacy. Plus, they’re relatively easy to install – even if you opt for the outside mount option.
Here’s how to measure for faux wood blinds outside mount: First, decide where you want the blinds to be mounted. Typically, people opt for an outside mount when they want the blinds to cover the entire window, including any molding or trim.
But it’s really up to you! Next, take some measurements. You’ll need three measurements in total: the width of the area where the blind will be mounted, the height of the area, and the depth of the window sill (if applicable).
Make sure to write down your measurements so you don’t forget them later on! Now it’s time to select your faux wood blinds. When choosing your blinds, make sure to pay attention to both the width and height measurements.
The width should be slightly wider than your mounting area measurement; this allows for proper coverage and prevents any gaps from appearing. As for height, most faux wood blinds come in either 61 inches or 72 inches; again, choose whichever size is closest to your measurement. If you can’t find an exact match, err on the side of caution and go with the larger size – you can always trim them down as needed once they’re installed.
Once you have your faux wood blinds picked out, it’s time to install them! Outside mounts are generally pretty straightforward – just follow along with the instructions that came with your purchase. And voila!
You now have beautiful new window treatments that were surprisingly easy to install yourself.
Walmart Faux Wood Blinds
Walmart faux wood blinds are an excellent way to add style and value to your home. They are made of high quality materials and construction, making them durable and long lasting. The wood grain finish is realistic looking, giving you the look of real wood at a fraction of the price.
These blinds are easy to install and come with all the necessary hardware for a quick and easy installation process.
If you’re looking for a window treatment that’s both stylish and functional, faux wood blinds are a great option. But before you can buy them, you need to know how to measure for them. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Start by measuring the width of the window at three different points: the top, middle, and bottom. Use the widest measurement and write it down. 2. Next, measure the height of the window at three points: the left side, middle, and right side.
Again, use the tallest measurement and write it down. 3. Once you have those two numbers, add 3 inches to each one. This will give you some wiggle room when it comes to hanging your blinds.
4. The last step is to decide whether you want your blinds to hang inside or outside of the window frame. If you’re not sure which look you prefer, take a few measurements of both options before making a final decision.